Sunday, September 18, 2011

Twinsight 27 of 50: Persevere Each Day

The Langs
In the midst of many positive things in my life, this week has felt heavy to me...starting with the anniversary of 9/11 and followed by more sobering news about the economy, pressures at work, transitions with having our girls move into college and high school, the weight of coming alongside a couple of friends in difficult life circumstances, too much on my plate, etc. Maybe you're feeling some of those same challenges.

How do we wake up each morning with fresh energy to face whatever comes in the day - both the encouraging moments and the ones that may be perplexing and frustrating? I want to share a story with you that has been so inspiring to me as I seek to be a persevering person. It's about Pat Lang, a vibrant woman we met a few years ago. In addition to a grown son, she has two adopted daughters from China, Mikaylah and Maddie. Maddie, her younger daughter has a serious, rare illness, and Pat perseveres with amazing tenacity, stamina and grace through it all - day by day, sometimes minute by minute.

Instead of telling you about it, I want to encourage you to watch a 7-minute video that the Lighthouse Media guys (Peter, Dan and Steve) had the opportunity to produce for a faith story segment at our church, Westwood Community Church. 

On the door that goes to our garage, I've posted a sign that reads:

God, you've given me this new day.
Help me to live it for you.
I go with confidence because you go before me!

I've now added the picture above to remind me to pray for their family and confidently press on into my day. If Pat can do it, we can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment