Friday, July 1, 2011

Twinsight 16 of 50: Gotta Love Dogs


Guest Blogger, Pabby Swenson

In most families with dogs, it seems that there was one hold out to getting the dog in the first place. In our family, it was my mom. Here was her dog criteria: mute, bald, compliant, and no GI tract. There were actually quite a few dogs like that in the house before I arrived. She calls them stuffed. I call them chew toys.

She eventually caved and now wonders why she was so stubborn since I'm so charming and unconditionally loving. I'm a seven-year-old Schnoodle, and was named after Leah's imaginary friend. When she was four and Chloe arrived, the imaginary friend fled to Florida because the competition was too fierce. Leah wanted to give Chloe the name Pabby so the ring of his name would still be heard through the house. To ease the pain of not getting her way, my parents stupidly told her that if we ever got a dog, we'd name him Pabby. So that's how I got stuck with this name. But it is appropriate that Leah named me because she's my favorite. She simply shows me the most love. I've scheduled some canine therapy for myself (must snatch the Visa...) after she goes away to college since I basically stalk her day and night.

One morning, mom said out loud to me, "What should I write about in my next blog? What was I thinking when I promised 50 of these?" I really wanted to help her because she looked more desperate than usual. I said, "Hey, I might just be a dog, but I have friends. And they're good looking." So scroll down and meet some of my friends of all shapes and sizes.
  

Tilly Brady

Coconut Johnson

Dakota Jensen

Trout and Cider Beery with sister, Ella (she's the one in the middle)

WallE Walsh

Tehya Quinnell
 
Daisy Cook

Cozmo Strommen
 
Annie Kay Dick
 
Willy Jensen

Sissy & Lexi TenHulzen


Cosmo Brown Bloch with sisters, Callie & Tori
 
Cory Lima with sister, Sonia

Thanks for meeting my friends! If you have a dog, send me a photo of him or her and maybe mom will let me do another blog in the future. Later, Pabby

Thanks for your time! To follow this blog, click "follow" in the blue bar at the top, or key your email address into the long white space and click "submit."

3 comments:

  1. Dear Pabby: I LOVE your blog (especially that little Bichon-Poo pictured with a teenage gal at the end of your blog! I am SO impressed by your creative writing skills! I love you Pabby! Your Auntie Janet (Swenson) Lima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen Berg-JohnsonJuly 6, 2011 at 6:50 PM

    This is fabulous.....a complete day brightener! Pabby, you have a lot of very good looking friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dogs are amazing:-) They are lucky to have you and you are lucky to have them:-) Keep on sharing us your nice photos.

    ReplyDelete