Saturday, August 20, 2011

Twinsight 23 of 50: Sneak in One More Summer Book


I'm always a little melancholy as summer comes to an end...the end of another season of warmer, more carefree days without school schedules and activities, and enjoying all the outdoor activities around the wonderful Minnesota lakes and trails. At the same time, I love fall. Part of me is looking forward to a little more structure to life, pulling out the sweaters, running and biking without sweating like a pig, and watching soccer and football games out in the fresh, crisp air.

With the transition, there's also the fun of pulling out last year's school supplies and clothes and doing some start-of-high-school and start-of-college shopping with the girls. And then there's the garage that desperately needs cleaning, closets that need organizing, fall work trips that need to be planned, and the graduation photos from early June that still need sorting. But I also want to sneak in one more book. I really don't have time. And maybe that's true for you, too. I do think, though, that I'm a better family member, friend and consultant when I'm keeping my mind fresh and I'm learning from others' experiences. So there. That's my justification!

What are you reading, skimming, or guiltily looking at on your night stand these days? I recommended some books in a blog post on May 1, 2011, including The Help (Kathryn Stockett, 2009). Have you read it or seen the movie? I haven't seen the movie yet, but am looking forward to catching it soon.

After doing that post, some of you shared your book recommendations, and I wanted to share them with all of you in case you're looking for one last good summer read. I haven't read any of them yet so I need to choose one. Hmm... Click on the titles to open links to more information about each one.
Here's to squeezing every ounce out of these fleeting summer days!

To follow this blog, click "follow" in the blue bar at the top, or key your email address into the long white space and click "submit."

    No comments:

    Post a Comment